Victory Academy (Victory) is Oregon's only dedicated year-round private school, serving Oregon's children affected by Autism. Victory is accredited through AdvancEd and approved by Oregon Department of Education.
Victory serves students with Autism (currently age 3/preschool through age 16/grade nine). In September 2015, at the opening of the new Victory Academy Campus, the school launched its first ninth grade class and now offers extended, modified, and full diploma options.
Victory is the first school of its kind in the Greater Portland Metro Area to offer a comprehensive educational and therapeutic program to children affected by Autism. Specifically, Victory provides students with a customized academic plan, integrating proven, research-based therapeutic strategies into every learning task. The school is unique from the public school settings, as Victory offers year-round school at 7 hours per day and low student to teacher ratio (7:3). In addition to its robust academic programs focusing on language arts (reading, writing, and listening), math, social studies, and science, Victory is proud to offer additional therapies and innovative courses, specifically designed to meet the learning profiles of students with Autism. These include: Applied behavior analysis, adaptive physical education, art, augmentative communication, bell choir, choir, community based instruction, drama, fine and gross motor development/occupational therapy and physical therapy, peer mentors, sensory integration, social cognition, social skills groups, and speech and language.
Currently, there is no model like this in Oregon.
Victory Academy believes that all students affected by Autism can reach their fullest potential through an education based in both structure and playful engagement. Each child's particular strengths and challenges are constantly assessed to direct the child's teachers in selecting best practice teaching methodologies for the individual child. Moreover, Victory Academy maintains that all students learn with greater ease when their natural interests and affinities are honored throughout the school day.
- Serving Children affected by Autism (currently preschool (age 3)--grade nine (age 16)
- Year-Round School (students have 7 weeks off dispersed throughout the 12 month school year)
- Staff is highly qualified and continues to participate in targeted professional development
- Full Day Program (7 hours per day)
- Drop off at 8:30 a.m. and pick up by 3:45 p.m.
- A robust After School Program, including therapies, sports, and classes
- Student to Adult ratio is approximately 7:3
- Non-Profit: Fundraising events support the hiring of on-site specialists and specialized curriculum
- Located in Sherwood, Oregon--conveniently off of Interstate 5 and serving students from seven counties (Clackamas, Clark, Multnomah, Marion, Polk, Washington, and Yamhill)
- The new Victory Academy Campus opened in September 2015
- Victory Academy is a non-profit, 501 (c)(3), approved by the Oregon Department of Education, and accredited through AdvancEd.
I invite you to read through the website and "experience" Victory; please call or email if you have questions.
Founder and Director of School