The Admissions Process at Victory Academy is a series of conversations, information, data collection, and observations conducted by the Victory Academy Admissions Team. The goal is to best understand the individual needs of each applicant. During this process, families come to understand that Victory Academy stands by its mission to provide a comprehensive integrated academic and therapeutic program, customized for every student.
Admission to Victory Academy is based on space(s) available in the Victory Prep Program and Victory Academy Classrooms in addition to careful consideration of the following:
- Whether Victory Academy can support development in the applicant
- A match between Victory Academy's and an Applicant Family's philosophy of educating a child with Autism, AND
- Class dynamics between the group of applicants and current student population
In addition, the applicant student must meet the Prerequisite Skills detailed within each individual Classroom Profile/Description to be considered for admissions. Please reference classroom profiles to gain a general understanding of the various classroom offerings.
Steps in the Process
- After thoughtful review of an individual application, the Victory Admissions Team may ask to schedule a time to observe an applicant at Victory Academy during a regular school day.
- Parents will also be asked to participate in a family interview, as Victory seeks to work with families who share similar educational and therapeutic philosophies.
- If, after review of a student's application and conducting a student observation and family interview, the Victory Admissions Team believes the school can support an individual student's gifts and challenges, an offer of admission will be made. Offers are typically made no later than May 31st of any given year.
Elements of the Admissions Process
- Review of Website
- Potential Family Tour
- Completion of Admissions Materials, including detailed Application, Application Fee ($175), and Related Documents
- Additional observations may be conducted in your student's current classroom, at Victory, or at home
- Family Interview
- Videotapes and reports from other professionals may be requested by the Victory Admissions Team during the Admissions Process